Don’t waste time looking for a parking space in Bruges.
Slightly further from the city center there are some free of charge P+R parking facilities from where the city center can be reached either using public transport, or by bicycle. For these car parks, please check here.
In the “Blue Zone” (the designated area surrounding the city centre) you may park for up to 4 hours without charge. Don’t forget you still need to display your blue parking disk!
Between 09:00 a.m. and 08:00 p.m. surface level parking in the city centre is limited in time (4 hours maximum) and is metered (€ 1.80 for the first hour, € 2.40 for the second up to the fouth hour, in total € 9.00 for 4 hours). Payment can be made either via sms, or using the app 4411, or making use of your bank card, or using cash money. In each of these cases, one has to register your correct licence plate number.
Parking in the city-centre is unlimited and most cost-effective at one of the two central car parks: Centrum-Station (railway station) and Centrum-’t Zand. Both are situated within walking distance of the Market square, but you can also use the bus transfer with ‘De Lijn’ between the parking Centrum-Station and the city centre (included in your parking fee for 4 passengers).
Please check here for all metered public car parks in the city centre and the rates applicable.
Bruges has a compact historic inner city and street parking above ground is limited to a maximum of 4 hours in the Blue Zone and to 2 hours in the Pay&Display Zones. You can easily park your car in one of the underground car parks but parking fees apply every day, also on Sundays and public holidays. The Old Town Market Square is a five minute walk away from every public parking.
The cheapest parking in Bruges is next to the railway station: you pay € 3.50 a day, bus transfer (De Lijn) to and from the city centre for 4 passengers included. This bus connects the railway station and the centre every five minutes.
The Park and Ride areas are situated right outside of the city centre. Here you can park your car for free and for longer duration. The city centre is a stone’s throw away on foot or by bus.
Public Parking in Bruges
- Parking Katelijne: Katelijnestraat 10, close to the Church of Our Lady (the highest brick building in Europe), the Groeninghe Museum and the Dijver map
- Parking ‘t Pandreitje: Gevangenisstraat 10; located at the Queen Astrid park; map
- Parking Biekorf: Naaldensraat 8; located underneath the De Biekorf municipal library; the most centrally located car park in the city: 50m from the Marketplace. map
- Parking Centrum ‘t Zand: ‘t Zand; located under the Concert Hall and a big square “het Zand” which hosts the weekly Saturday market as well as many major events and happenings; 5 minutes from Market
- Parking Centrum-Station: Buiten Begijnenvest: This car park is located next to the station, easy hub to public transport: all buses (De Lijn) stop there. 7-minutes walk takes you to the city centre. map
- Parking Zilverpand: Via Zilverstraat en Dweersstraat
- Parking Langestraat: Langestraat; also five minutes’ walk from the Market Square. map
Parking rates: € 1.40/hour, 24H is € 8.70. Special rates for evening or overnight parking.
On-street parking Bruges
Chargeable parking applies in the Bruges city centre 7/7 :
• Monday-Sunday 09.00-12.00/22.00 hours*.
• max parking duration : 2 hours
• parking rates : 1st hour € 1.80, 2nd hour: € 2.40.
Cheap Parking in Bruges
Cheap parking is possible on the parking lot of the railway station of Bruges. The parking fee is € 0.70/hour, daily maximum € 3.50. The city centre is on walking distance or free public transport with bus is available a couple times per hour. This is the biggest and cheapest public parking in Bruges.
Take a note or a picture where you leave your car. This is a huge place and each parking row has sign in letter and numbers.
Walking to the center is less than 15 min, you can take the bus for free by showing your parking ticket (free ride for all car passengers). The bus is right outside; look for sign “CENTRUM” ; Bus stops at the “Grote Markt” big market. Coming back to the station see the bus sign “STATION” do the same by showing your parking ticket you will have a free bus ride
Open 24 /7 with capacity of 1,500 cars. An hourly rate: 0, 70 euros and daily rate: 3.5 euros
Order a Taxi in Bruges
- Taxi Snel: +32 50 34 34 69 or +32 478 35 35 35
- Uber in Bruges is until now not available, only Brussels
Other things we are working on are experiences like bike excursions, guided tours, food and drink tastings, and various classes.
Pharmacies in Bruges
- Pharmacy on call: +32 900-10.500
- Pharma Brugge, Katelijnestraat 50, 8000 Brugge
- Multi Pharma, Park 7 (in front of the Koningin Astridpark) 8000 Brugge
Supermarkets in Bruges
(Proxy) Noordzandstraat 4, Closed on Sunday & holidays
Oude Burg 22, Closed on Sunday & holidays
Vlamingstraat 2 (in front of the Belfry)
Katelijnestraat 76 Open 7/7